Bacon, Ricotta + Honey PIZZA
This is our favorite pizza from Stoked Pizza Co., and since we're stuck in quarantine (holla) we decided to re-create it, sans the green peppers. Thankfully, it wasn't that hard and almost tasted *exactly* the same. And it just required items that we already had in our fridge: bacon / cheese / honey!
makes: one 14" pizza
1 c. Semolina or AP Flour, to dust
1 pound pizza dough
(I recommend Ken Forkish's Single Pizza Dough), or store-bought, thawed
2 Tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 c. Mozzarella cheesed, shredded
1/2 c. Ricotta
5 strips of bacon, diced
Mike's Hot Honey
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the diced bacon to your desired crispiness, then drain on a paper towel and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 500ºf. On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 14” round, dusting with flour as needed, then transfer to a pizza pan.
3. Brush olive oil on to pizza dough and top with minced garlic.
4. Add the good stuff to your pizza canvas: Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese, add dollops of the ricotta (we just used a spoon to do so), scatter the crispy bacon bits around, top with a sprinkle or salt & pepper (go easy on the salt though, bacon already is super salty!)
5. Put the pizza in the oven, and bake for 9 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden brown and the cheese is looking melty and magical.
6. Remove pizza from oven, and top with a generous drizzle of Mike's Hot Honey all across it.
7. Slice 'er up & devour!!